When initially looking at images of astronauts I couldnt help but notice they are always solitary and perhaps even look lonely. This gave me an idea of the astronaut finding a possible love interest whom he must overcome an obstacle to reach.
The astronaut is hopping (similar to walking on the moon) down a lonely road at night when he glances into a window of a science museum. He looks into the 'Space Exploration' section of the museum and sees a space suit which he believes to be another astronaut, the first he has ever seen. He falls instantly in love with this figure and will go to any lengths to get to it. The astronaut notices an open window hatch which is too high to reach or climb. After unsuccessful and clumsy attempts to get up to it he notices a rusty old pogo stick in a trash heap. He uses it to bounce up to the window which he crashes through, destroying priceless museum artefacts. This triggers the alarm and alerts the guards. The astronaut, realising he doesn't have much time bounces over to the space suit in almost slow motion (low gravity on the moon). He gets just close enough to embrace the space suit before two guards carry the astronaut away.
The astronaut is extremely lonely having spend his whole life in a place where there is no other life. Seeing this other figure gives the astronaut butterflies and it is love at first sight as he sees the suit as a companion which he will go to the ends of the earth to reach.
Quick preliminary storyboard
1. The astronaut is hopping down a lonely, deserted town at night.
2. He peers in a museum window and notices in the corner a space suit which he mistakes for another astronaut.
3. The astronaut falls in love with the figure and attempts to reach it.
4. He finds the solution to his problem in the shape of a rusty old pogo stick which will help him bounce up to an open window hatch.
5. The astronaut crashes into the museum through the window, destroying priceless museum artifacts.
6. The alarm is triggered and the guards are alerted.
7. The astronaut hops with everything he has got to reach the suit in time before the guards drag him away.